I tend to take it for granted that services becomes cheaper with time (byte-for-byte, at least), and had assumed that whatever dregs of novelty I left lying around could be maintained at a cost that is, relative to other expenses, essentially free.
Consequently, the Projects page now has a section for all the things that are no longer hosted anywhere.
I finally spent some time cleaning up the giant makefile that generates this site. In the process, I migrated from Pandoc to cmark and avoided having a hundred megs of dependencies just to parse some markdown. Results should be similar for the most part, but there's no more ToCs and links to page sections don't work anymore.
The upshot is I'm now closer to dumping everything in a public repo somewhere, fixing the idiosyncratic site navigation, or maybe even upating the content more regularly.
No news is good news.
After less than four months, I have turned off my dogecoin faucet.
Since almost nobody donated to the public address (expected) and the site I bought doge from went offline (less expected), the faucet had been dry for weeks.
On the bright side, I now have a few hundred extra megs of free RAM on my super-cheap VPS.
Hopefully I'll have a write-up about why that's interesting soon.
Polysweeper now has better mobile support: tapping and holding will behave like a right-click, finally allowing phones to flag mines.
First bug in the site, found and fixed: these news posts have timestamps added from the file modification time, which would be great if git preserved modification times. It does not, but it didn't take long to find a solution to add to the make recipe.
Ok, I'm flipping the switch and making this live.
Phil Karlton once said, "There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things."
I just resolved an issue with naming different parts of this site (and still having things work correctly), so hopefully things go up sooner rather than later.